Monday, December 1, 2008

Baby Update

Baby foot
Profile

Profile


Kicking my belly with her leg



Well, we had our ultrasound with our regular doctor on Nov. 21st. They saw a baby girl!! Everything looked good except she has fluid on her left kidney. They say this is a common thing to see wrong. And with my history of bilateral kidney reflux as a baby that required surgery when I was 2 yrs old, they wanted to send me to a high risk group in Jax. I went to see the high risk docs today and they again saw the fluid on the left kidney only (the right one is normal). The normal amount of fluid should be 5cm, but the baby's is at a level 8 now. They want to keep seeing me but not for 8 weeks, so that is somewhat encouraging. So I guess I will be seeing 2 Obgyn groups. Jennifer, my cousin, went to the appoinment with me today and got to see just how active the baby is. She kicked so much that the ultrsound girl had a time seeing what she needed to see. The pics I am showing are of her foot, profiles and her sticking her leg straight up and kicking my belly. On the profile pics you see a black oval area...this is the fluid on the kidney.

4 comments:

Adawk said...

wow, pics and everything, I am such a good teacher!! Dont worry you were included in Amelia's 15 minute prayer at supper tonight.

Anonymous said...

We so enjoyed spending Thanksgiving with you guys. Glad to hear the encouraging news about that sweet baby girl, won't next Thanksgiving be wild?! Take good care--love you guys Steve&Bev

Unknown said...

Those are the most beautiful pics I have seen! Thanks for making me cry at work! Love you both so much and am beyond excited for you! Can't wait to meet her! She's lucky to have you as her parents. You both are amazing people and very dear to my heart! LOVE YOU! Candy

Unknown said...

WOW the ultrasound pics are GREAT!! Some of us have never seen such things. It is so cool she is on her way!!