Wednesday, January 21, 2009

More baby updates

Just wanted to update everyone on the latest.....I have a couple more bumps with this pregnancy. But I am finally over the month long cold I had, after a couple rounds of antibiotics. Also, found out I am tettering with gestational diabetes. I just had a 3 hour glucose tolerance test and the #'s started out great this morning but as the hours went by, my blood sugar kept getting higher. After 3 hours it was 183. My doc said they dont want to treat it right now, but I have got to change my diet. Stay away from the carbs and sugar! I start going to the docs here every 2 weeks now and in 2 weeks I start weekly nonstress testing in the labor and delivery dept. I go to the high risk docs in Jax next Friday and I wont know till then just how often they will want to see me. So for the last 10 weeks I will be very busy, at least closely monitored. Not to leave Kevin out...he is doing well. Just very busy with this new home care job he took. We are getting excited about finally having Charlee here!!

3 comments:

Adawk said...

Belive me those last 10 weeks will go by fast especially if you are going to the Dr that much. We got your shower present today!!!! See you soon!!

Bev said...

love all 3 of you and we're so excited for Charlee to make her grand entrance. We also got your shower present the other day--take it easy, rest--no carbs&sugar, whoa! You can do it--get out those weight watchers cookbooks. XO Steve&Bev

Unknown said...

Charlee will be the most welcomed baby in the world!! So happy for the both of you! You are going to be FANTASTIC parents!