Monday, March 2, 2009

Friday MD appt

Well, I went to the Jax OB Doc on Friday for another ultrasound. First, I saw a different Doc than I had seen the 2 times previously and this one is GREAT! He is like a big teddy bear and gave me a hug at the end of the appt.
Now to Charlee.....the fluid level on her kidney has gone up alittle. It is now 1.2 (12mm). Not a big concern, still just need to get her checked out and a kidney ultrasound within 48 hours of her birth. The Doc said that there is a 30% chance in babies with a fluid level above 7mm that they will need surgery to correct it. We will just have to wait and pray!
We saw her practicing her breathing, which the ultrasound tech said is just her getting ready to come on out to meet us. Also, she has long feet......maybe taking after her Granna?? She has a big belly, which is probably due to my gestational diabetes. They put me on a pill every day to keep the numbers down. The tech got a great picture of her looking right at us....can you say very fat cheeks. It also looks like she may have hair. She weighed in at 6.2 lbs, so I dont think we will go all the way to the April 5th due date....or who knows what her weight will be!!!
Anyway, we now go to my Docs here in St Augusitne every Monday for a Non-stress test and a Doc vist and we go to Jax every Thursday for a Non-stress test, ultrasound and Doc visit. At least this way we can watch how much weight she is gaining every week!!!

2 comments:

Adawk said...

final countdown!!! We are ready:)

Unknown said...

ALLRIGHT!! SHE WILL BE HERE SOON!!!